Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Birds & Brews Calendar

 Spring migration will be here before you know it!  What bird are you looking most forward to seeing?  For those of you who know me well, you won't be surprised that I am looking forward to the Common Loon's return.

Now, onto our Birds & Brews event calendar
**Please note all events begin at 6:00 pm and are held at Bailey's Pub in Dearborn unless otherwise specified.

  • Wednesday, March 13th  - Bring your recent bird photos to share! I know some members of our group recently attended Michigan Audubon's birding trip to Sault Ste. Marie, so I cannot wait to hear that update!  RSVP's are appreciated as to allow for proper room set-up.
  • Wednesday, April 10th - Michigan Audubon's conservation director Tom Funke will be giving a presentation on MAS's bird sanctuaries. Did you know that MAS has a sanctuary system of over 5,000 acres that extends from southern Michigan to the Upper Peninsula wilderness?  RSVP's are required for this event!
  • May - I highly encourage our group to join me at the Tawas Birding Festival May 16 - 19th in Iosco county. The festival will feature guided birding walks at the area’s best hot spots, programs and talks by some of Michigan’s leading wildlife experts. Besides all the great birding to be done, I'm sure we can find a pub to have an impromptu Birds & Brews.  Please let me know if you plan on attending.  Here is the festival website: http://tawasbirdfest.com/ - Register early!
  • June 12 - to be announced.
I look forward to seeing many of you next week at Birds & Brews. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or ideas for future Birds & Brews.  We have such a wonderful and fun group.

No comments:

Post a Comment